We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Designer with strong engineering and lighting knowledge and 3-5 years of relevant experience, to form an integral role within our growing design team at our London HQ.
TM Lighting is the UK’s leading art lighting manufacturer producing a range of award-winning products for the international art and design market.
You will be responsible for working on a range of core products and custom designs for high-end specialist projects across the globe, within a young, dynamic, fast-paced company.
• Work with the design, sales, marketing teams to aid the development and delivery of new product ranges.
• Create, issue and manage drawings and design documentation.
• Take ownership of queries and follow through to completion.
• Provide cover for other members of the design department as necessary and perform other tasks if requested from time to time by the Design Manager.
• Clear and concise interaction with all company departments; notably the design, marketing and sales departments.
• Work directly with the procurement team and manufacturers on design production processes.
• Liaise with the sales team communicating project details and coordination.
Skills and experience:
• Extensive experience in product design
• Good knowledge of fabrication processes
• Thorough understanding of tolerances and finishing
• Understanding of electronics, LED, drivers and dimming fundamentals
• Broad knowledge of modelling software packages
• Experience in product rendering
• Ability to read and amend architectural lighting layouts beneficial
• Demonstrate good graphic understanding through Photoshop/Illustrator/In-design
• Experience of site work, installation and client liaison desirable
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
• Possess an enthusiastic interest in design process and passion for lighting
TM Lighting, 7 Cubitt Street, London, WC1X 0LN
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience
Application deadline: 1st March 2019
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org