(USA) – Rosco Laboratories has announced the opening of The Rosco Gobo Design Contest, giving designers the chance to win a place in one of the largest gobo template catalogues.
The Rosco Gobo Design Contest is seeking designs to join their catalogue of gobo patterns and give designers the opportunity to gain further recognition in the lighting community.
The grand prize winner will have their winning design in the Rosco Gobo Catalogue as well as receive a copy of their winning gobo and a Rosco Image Spot LED gobo projector.
An international judging panel will decide on the finalists, judging the entries on the usefulness of their designs. The panel includes:
- Herrick Goldman – lighting designer for theatre, dance, events, and architecture. Credits include Off-Broadway and regional shows, Madame Tussauds, and Saxony Nightclub in Miami.
- Anne Militello – lighting designer and fine artist with a career spanning all aspects of creating with light. Credits include Broadway, regional theatre, touring concerts and international opera.
- Declan Randall – London-based lighting, set and projection designer whose work has been seen in all genres of live performing arts including theatre, dance, opera, and musicals, as well as architectural lighting designs.
- Tapio Rosenius – Finnish designer, innovator, artist and an entrepreneur who works with light as a medium for architectural collaborations, digital interventions, product innovation and art.
- Koert Vermeulen – Founder of ACTLD who creates lighting, set, video and content designs for large-scale events, sound & light shows, theatre and music productions
- Phil Widmer – Gobo expert who used to work at GAM. Currently he is the lighting designer for “LIVE with Kelly and Ryan” as well as The New York State Lottery Games.
Submissions are currently being accepted and will close on August 17 at 12pm PDT. Finalists will be notified in mid-September and the overall winner will be determined by public voting.
For more information and to enter the contest, visit: www.rosco.com/gobo-design-contest